My daughter “HATES” Christmas music. She’s been saying this for over two years now but could never give me a reason. I don’t believe that she really hates it, maybe it annoys her, but hate! That’s a pretty strong feeling to have against Frosty.
We tease her about it occasionally, but this morning we decided to take it up a notch:
- Every time we walked by her, or were in hearing range, we’d “accidentally” sing a Christmas song.
- We determined that El wanted to listen to (rather loud) Chipmunks singing Rocking Around the Christmas Tree while he was in his bouncer. He loved it. She did not.
- We thought it would be fun to play more Christmas songs — after making sure the music could be heard from where she was sitting downstairs.
- We told her we were thinking of installing a whole house stereo system.
- My favorite part of the morning was when I found all the Christmas songs she used to love as a little kid on You Tube, then posted them on her Facebook page.
She loves us. And I know she secretly still loves Christmas music. Or, maybe I’m just really evil.
“They get stuck in my head all day,” she explained this evening.
She’s probably laying in bed now, counting reindeer, trying to fall asleep. I should go sing her a lullaby..