It’s amazing how quickly a quart of strawberries can go in this house. I bought one just a couple of days ago, wanting to turn them all into chocolate covered strawberries.
They were on the list and Isaac became insanely jealous when he found out that Natalie and I had a chance to eat some at my cousins baby shower two weekends ago.
No boys allowed.
So, because I love him so very much and knew it would make his day if I made some just for him, I bought the most beautiful strawberries I could find. Obviously I picked the very best ones because there were only seven left today when I decided to make them fancy.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz of chocolate (I prefer dark) chips or chopped
- 6-8 Strawberries, washed dried and hulls in tact
- In a large sauce pan bring a few inches of water to a strong simmer. Place a smaller, high sided bowl inside simmering water and stir chocolate and butter every few minutes until it is creamy, shiny and smooth. Alternatively, you can melt in a microwave.
Don’t drink it.
- Wait for it to cool a little and then dip your beautiful strawberries in. Set on wax paper and refrigerate until set.
- Share them with the people you love most in the world.
Or eat them all by yourself, I won’t judge.