Got snow, cold weather or just a plain old craving for chocolate?
Do yourself and loved ones a favor and make this super easy and simply wonderful hot chocolate. It only takes 4 ingredients that I’m sure you have on hand, 5 minutes to mix together and a crock pot.
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/4 a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/8 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine cocoa powder and sugar in crock pot
- Slowly whisk in milk
- Set crock pot to low for 4 hours or high 1.5 hours
- Before serving whisk in vanilla
- Enjoy the super rich hot chocolate with your favorite snow bunnies!
The original recipe I have for this is from Better Homes and Gardens Simple Slow Cooker Recipes and is doubled but I find it makes too much as it is very rich so I’ve cut it in half.
Note: Candy canes, whipped cream and or marshmallows are a wonderful addition to the hot chocolate, but are certainly not required.
Warning: Highly addictive!
#119 Make Hot Chocolate